Client: Global Financial Institution
– Client’s business groups were placing consistently heavy demands on its legal team, but legal did not have approval to add to its team’s permanent headcount.
– Business drivers were not being met and business leaders were frustrated.
– Client sought top-level corporate counsel with experience, who could work onsite directly with its business groups as a seamless extension of the legal department over a continuous and indefinite period.
– Cognition assigned a lawyer to the Client legal team with the necessary in-house counsel experience to address and manage the legal needs of one business group on a three to four day per week arrangement.
– The lawyer worked independently and directly with the business group as its own dedicated corporate counsel.
– Flexibility: Client gained access to experienced corporate counsel who could work as many or as few hours as necessary, but be available to the organization as needed over the long term.
– Institutional Knowledge Retained: The Client received a lawyer experienced in both the law and the Client each time additional legal help was required, providing the Client with a more efficient and knowledgeable resource with an in-house approach.
– Reduced demands on Client’s full-time legal team, allowing them to focus on their own assigned roles.
– Client Satisfaction and Improved Client Service: Client and its business groups were so pleased with the model that an additional Cognition lawyer was engaged to service a second business group, also on an average three to four day per week basis.