Client: Automobile Manufacturer
Dedicated Cognition Counsel:
Judy Chun (formerly Norton Rose, CBC)
– Client had a small legal department with too many responsibilities and wanted to hive off one discrete area that could be better addressed by an experienced in-house counsel rather than by a Big Law firm.
– Client sought legal counsel to review client’s advertising and marketing issues in accordance with its internal policies and its available resources and budget.
– In collaboration with the Client, the Cognition lawyer attended on-site and worked with General Counsel to understand the Client’s advertising and marketing framework and legal needs.
– Cognition lawyer worked directly with business units to review advertising and marketing materials. After a steady flow of such legal work over the course of a few months, Cognition and the client agreed upon a monthly fixed-fee for performing that work.
– High Quality Advice: Client continues to receive high-quality advice from Judy, who has a strong focus in advertising and marketing law, with prior in-house experience gained at CBC and Telefilm Canada.
– Budget Certainty: Client could budget a reasonable and fixed amount of money each month for its advertising and marketing legal work, with the peace of mind of knowing it is being reviewed by experienced counsel.